Having just repacked the pantry I realise that I could feed the family out of it for at least a month.
I have tried menu planning before and it never seems to work… there are always too many leftovers, or life gets in the way, or I forget to buy an ingredient. You know the way it works.
However, I love browsing the mags and picking new recipes to try, especially when I have all the ingredients on hand. So, I have decided to write the list of recipes that I have most, if not all the ingredients, on the fridge and rub them out as I make them.
This will also give me inspiration when I’m trying to work out what’s for dinner, and cut down the food bill this month as I clean out the pantry.
On the list so far, all from the March 2011 Woolworths Good Taste magazine, which means they should also be available from www.taste.com.au
- Butternut pumpkin pies, p27
- Lime coconut cake, p29
- Sausage ragu linguine, p35
- risi e bisi (rice and peas), p38
- Spaghetti with tuna balls, p46
- Chickpea pilaf with haloumi, p50
- Chicken & polenta lasagna, p67
- Fettuccine boscaiola, p82
- Speedy dhal, p95
- Pea & Haloumi fritters, p106
Now to go flip through the April edition.